YACHT SHIELD, LLC. (the “Company”) expressly warrants to the purchaser that, for a period of three (3) years (the “Warranty Period”) from the date of initial installation. The Company will cover the YACHT ARMOR (the “Product(s)”) against: cracking, bubbling, and yellowing (the “Limited Warranty”) pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth below. This Limited Warranty only applies to the Company’s Products which are professionally installed through certified installers designated by the Company.
Purchaser must submit to the Company the required information above within 30 days from date of installation by registered mail or online via Yacht Armor’s website and present copy of the original receipt as proof of eligibility.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The following general terms and conditions apply to any and all YACHT ARMOR products:
- Proof of purchase and registration card must be received within 30 days from the date of installation prior to claim approval.
- The Limited Warranty Term begins from the date of product installation by a Certified YACHT ARMOR Installer/Dealer.
- This Limited Warranty does not apply to vessel used at any time for commercial purposes.
- Product initial application, re application, repair or any work to product surface must be performed by a Certified YACHT ARMOR Installer/Dealer.
- Claims approved by YACHT ARMOR will be performed by a Certified YACHT ARMOR Installer/Dealer.
- Claims due to product performance failure must be reported to YACHT ARMOR within 30 days of occurrence.
- This Limited Warranty is intended exclusively for the original purchaser (owner of vessel at the time of product installation) and is not transferable.
GENERAL LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: Purchaser expressly acknowledges and agrees that YACHT ARMOR and its affiliates are not liable for the following:
- Vessel repainting, surface damage, reapplication of vinyl or replacement to factory installed equipment materials or workmanship by vessel manufacturer, their dealership, third party supplier or professional detailers.
- Any damages or stains caused by outside force. Scratches, scuffs, scrapes, marring, swirl marks, hard water spots or chips to the painted surface.
- Pre-existing damage or deterioration.
- Improper application, misuse or normal wear and tear.
- Product installed over repainted, after market painted or vinyl surfaces. Products are intended and warranted for use on fully cured originally vessel manufactured painted surfaces.
GENERAL GUARANTEE EXCEPTION: YACHT ARMOR guarantee for any product will be considered voided if any of the following general condition occur:
- Lack of maintaining the vessel according to the standards and techniques recommended by YACHT ARMOR.
- Application of any non-wax coating, unapproved/abrasive cleaning agents, compounds, polishes or third-party products, except for ceramic coating approved and installed by a Certified YACHT ARMOR Installer/Dealer.
- Damage resulting from collision or other vessel accidents.
- Any damage as a result of unanticipated factors, including but not limited to fire, flood, extreme weather conditions, secondary effects that may result from the foregoing, or any other force majeure.
- Damage caused by any alteration or modification to the vessel surfaces.
- Damage caused by vessels manufacturer defects.
- Failure to adhere to any requirements listed under the terms and conditions of this warranty.
- Purchaser expressly acknowledges and agrees that the hydrophobic property of the Product is influenced by environmental conditions and other variables beyond YACHT ARMOR’s control after installation and therefore is not covered under warranty.
LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: YACHT ARMOR and its affiliates shall not accept liability for the following:
- Failure of factory paint work, repaint or replacement to factory installed equipment materials or workmanship by vessel manufacturer, their dealership, third party supplier or professional detailers.
- In event of a claim, YACHT ARMOR is not responsible for reapplication of ceramic coatings.
- Damage caused by impact with a foreign object.
- Damage caused by abrasive materials used on the Product’s surfaces.
- Abuse or improper use of product.
VESSEL ACCIDENT DAMAGE: Contact your vessel insurer to ensure that any YACHT ARMOR products and services is included in your insurance coverage. If the vessel sustains damage and reapplication is required, contact YACHT ARMOR or your local agent to arrange any additional treatments.
MAKING A CLAIM: The following applies to making a claim for any product defects or failures:
- YACHT ARMOR agent must be notified of any claim due to failure of product performance within 30 days of occurrence.
- Any application, re-application, repair work or other work carried out on the protected surface must be applied / reapplied or repaired by an authorized Yacht Armor agent after claim approval from Yacht Armor.
YACHT ARMOR: Agents and Installers are selected using strict guidelines and requirements. Only authorized agents are permitted to install and service any YACHT ARMOR products. To locate your nearest authorized agent, please visit www.getyachtarmor.com to find your nearest Certified Installer. Dealers are not authorized to modify or extend this guarantee in any manner.
WARRANTY LIMITS: Maximum claim amounts for YACHT ARMOR Marine protection Film
- YACHT ARMOR or its agents shall arrange approved claim repairs and film reapplication to be carried out by a Certified YACHT ARMOR Installer/Dealer, or.
- To make a claim contact YACHT ARMOR at www.getyachtarmor.com or contact your local agent.
The Company will, at its option, remove or replace the Product without charge, or refund the cost of the Product, if the Product fails or does not perform as warranted solely due to a manufacturing defect within the Warranty Period, subject to the exclusions set forth in this Limited Warranty. If the Company elects to replace the Product, the Company will have an authorized installer of its choice remove and reapply the Product to areas determined by the Company in its sole discretion to be covered by this Limited Warranty. The Company will cover parts and the authorized installer will be responsible for providing installation labor. The refund of the cost of the Product or replacement of the defective coating are the exclusive remedies for all Products covered under this Limited Warranty. During the entire Warranty Period, the Company’s obligation as to repair or replacement shall further be limited to repair or replacement with the Products that are available at the time of the repair or replacement, shall be limited to the repair or replacement of only the specific Product that fails due to a manufacturing defect. Any repaired or replaced product shall also remain subject to the Warranty Period, and any repair or replacement shall not extend the original Warranty Period in any manner or start a new warranty period. These are the exclusive remedies for all Products covered under this Limited Warranty.
You may obtain coverage under this Limited Warranty by providing Company with proof of warranty card, copy of original receipt for the Product identifying coverage areas, along with a detailed description of the purported defect. For service under this Limited Warranty, you must notify the authorized Company installer who performed the installation of the Product, in writing, providing claimant’s name, phone number, address, and the installation address (if different), a description of the product involved and the nature of the defect.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that this Limited Warranty is not transferable.
Disclaimer Of Warranties
This Limited Warranty does not cover defects caused by:
- Non-compliance with the Company’s guide or instructions. Such failures include, but are not limited to, exposure to physical abuse, including, but not limited to chemical abuse (e.g., harsh cleansers and solvents), thermal abuse or shock (e.g. excessive heat or cold) or misuse;
- Improper storage, installation, handling and/or use of the Product.
- damage not resulting from manufacturing defects that occur while the Product is in the customer’s possession.
- Unreasonable or unintended use of Product.
- Products installed with known or visible manufacturing defects at the time of installation, including, but not limited to failing clear coat, swirl marks, scratches, scuffs, scrapes, chips to the watercraft surface.
- Minor conditions such as stains, and scratches.
- Damage to the coated surface due to improper wash techniques, automatic washes or incorrect wash tools that may cause abrasion or by third parties not authorized by the Company.
- Swirl marks, scratches, scuffs, scrapes, chips to the watercraft surface.
- Water spots – water spots are caused by mineral deposits, which if left to dry on the watercraft surface and/or Product may leave a stain, water spots are not covered.
- Damage caused by collision, accidental damage, vandalism, fire, hail, flood, surface rust, rail dust, physical damage, paint overspray, or marine manufacturer’ defects, which may be covered under manufactures protection plan; and
- Areas that have not been re-applied with Product after repair or replacement.
- Commercial and/or rear of fishing boats are not covered.
- Waterline and areas below the waterline are not covered.
- Walking areas and fish handling areas are not covered.
- Use in non-marine applications.
Any information or suggestion by the Company with respect to the Products concerning applications, specifications or compliance with codes and standards is provided solely for your convenient reference and are made without any representation as to accuracy or suitability. You must verify and test the suitability of any information with respect to the Products for your specific application.
THE WARRANTIES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE THE ONLY WARRANTIES MADE BY THE COMPANY IN CONNECTION WITH THESE PRODUCTS. THE COMPANY CAN NOT AND DOES NOT MAKE ANY IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT, AND DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PRODUCTS SOLD BY COMPANY ARE SOLD ONLY TO THE SPECIFICATIONS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH BY COMPANY IN WRITING. OTHER THAN THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN, THE COMPANY MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE COMPANY’S SOLE OBLIGATION UNDER THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF NON-CONFORMING PRODUCTS, OR AT THE OPTION OF THE COMPANY, RETURN OF THE PRODUCT AND A REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE. BUYER ASSUMES ALL RISK WHATSOEVER AS TO THE RESULT OF THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS PURCHASED, WHETHER USED SINGULARLY OR IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCTS OR SUBSTANCES.
Limitation Of Liability
NO CLAIM BY THE BUYER/OWNER OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING CLAIMS FOR INDEMNIFICATION, SHALL BE GREATER IN AMOUNT THAN THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCTS IN RESPECT TO WHICH DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE TO BUYER/OWNER IN TORT, CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, RELIANCE, STATUTORY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF TIME, LOSS OF REVENUES, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, DAMAGE TO GOOD WILL OR REPUTATION, OR LOSS OF DATA, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR SUCH DAMAGES COULD HAVE BEEN REASONABLY FORESEEN, IN CONNECTION WITH, ARISING OUT OF, OR AS A RESULT OF, THE SALE, DELIVERY, SERVICING, USE OR LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCTS SOLD HEREUNDER, OR FOR ANY LIABILITY OF BUYER TO ANY THIRD PARTY WITH RESPECT THERETO.
Annual inspections must be carried out by a YACHT Armor Certified Installer, within thirty (30) days before or after the installation date of the application or last service date. Failure to complete the inspection, within the required time will void the Limited Warranty. Any fees or charges by the YACHT Armor Certified Installer will be charged to the owner to do the annual inspection including, but not limited to, exterior wash, decontamination, and inspection and single layer reapplication of coating. Please keep proof of all inspections, as they must be provided if you have a Limited Warranty related issue.
Any questions concerning this Limited Warranty should be addressed to:
YACHT SHIELD, LLC.
Address: 2776 Summerdale DR. Clearwater FL 33761
Attention: Warranty Department
Phone: Daniel Kashtan 727-455-4228
Website address: www.getyachtarmor.com
Email address: Dan@getyachtarmor.com